Use this website to quickly find the most important information about the main airport in Kansas City, called Kansas City International Airport: Departures, Arrivals, Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Kansas City Airport. Plan your travel to MCI Airport with the information provided in this site.
Kansas City Airport, known officially as Kansas City International Airport (IATA: MCI, ICAO: KMCI) is located 15 miles (24 km) northwest of downtown Kansas City, in Platte County, Missouri, U.S.
MCI airport’s largest carriers are Southwest Airlines, with 68 flights daily on weekends, and Delta Air Lines, which it serves 10 destinations non-stop. Both of them operates flights from Terminal B daily. The airport is home for the crew of Republic Airlines.
Kansas City airport has three runways and three terminals divided in A, B and C. Its terminals has a shape of rings. Each ring has a short-term parking in the center, so for travelers it's an added convenience because they can go directly to inside the terminal. The three rings, and also, the three terminals are connected by people movers. Buses are also established to take passengers around the rings.
Has gates from A1 to A30 but currently are out of use. The terminal is planned to be demolished to build a new Central Terminal there. The road around the terminal is called Amsterdam Cir.
Has gates from A31 to B60. The road around the terminal is called Rome Cir.
Has gates from C61 to C90. The road around the terminal is called Beirut Cir.
- Terminal B: Aeroméxico, Alaska Airlines, SkyWest Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines
- Terminal C: Air Canada, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines
- It handled 10,5 Million passengers in 2015.
- The airport has 3 runways
- Largest carriers are Southwest Airlines and Delta Air Lines
- The busiest domestic routes are Atlanta and Denver
- 11 airlines are currently operating at MCI
The official IATA code of the airport is MCI and it will remain the same due the IATA (Interational Air Transport Association) is reluctant to change names that have appeared in navigational charts.
Nevertheless, KCI is the accronim of Kansas City International and is used in some cases.
- On-Airport Shuttle Bus: There are two different shuttle buses: Red and Blue bus. The Red bus goes to Circle Parking Lots and Other KCI Terminals and the Blue bus goes to Economy Parking Lots.
- Bus: Managed by Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA). The route 129 goes to the airport from 05.30am to 11.15pm. During weekends the schedule of the trips change a little bit.
- Taxi: In MCI airport there are courtesy phones for taxi service. They are located in each terminal in the bag claim and also in other locations outside each terminal.
- Car Rental services: There are many companies which operates in the MCI airport. All passengers can take the Gray Rental Car Shuttle to go to the area of rental cars. To get more information, click here.
- Shuttle services: many companies operate from the Kansas City airport to surroundings.
Address: Kansas City, MO 64153, U.S.
For items lost in terminal or parking areas: +1 816-243-5237.
For items lost in parking lots or bus red or blue: 816-243-5870.
For items lost in security checkpoints: +1 844-540-2525
For items lost on an aircraft, please, contact with your airline.
Assistance: for wheelchair service and curbside assistance, please, contact with your airline. If no assistance is available at the curb call +1 816-243-5237 or notify it to the Airport Police Officer of Traffic Control Officer.